Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spring Has Finally Sprung!


Not a very original title, but it sums up why I haven't been able to keep up with my blog. After a late spring snowstorm last month, the weather has warmed up very nicely and we have been spending a lot of time outside. Living on a 54-acre farm, we are never lacking for things to do outside, especially this time of year.

We went to see the midnight showing of Spiderman 3 on Thursday night (I suppose that should read Friday morning, but it was dark, i.e. night!). I only took Tucker and Dylan because there was no way Sydney would make it through the whole movie and I am not paying $5 for her to flop around next to me in an uncomfortable theater seat. She was not happy about it, so I had to promise to take her to a movie over the weekend. Guess that lets you know who wears the pants in this family! We had a lot of fun and the boys were the only kids there other then one other homeschool family who came along with us. Of course the kids all ran to the very front row, so I sat closer to the back with the other mom. Only problem is we just had one big bucket of popcorn (free refills!!) and the kids took it up with them where they were sitting. I should probably thank them, though, for sparing my hips the extra fat!

(Spiderman 3 was an okay movie, but not as good as the first two. Definitely one to see in the theater for all the special effects! Small kids might get scared in a couple places, but my boys loved it and are already asking to go see it again.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot -- the previews for the movie looked really good too. Oh well...I will still see it, of course.

Melinda said...

It was really good...just not as good as the first two. To me the movie felt a bit rushed, yet at the same time the story line lagged. Great CGI as always and Sandman is pretty cool as a "villain" (he wasn't really a bad guy though, which I think was a big problem with the movie...no real villain). The last five minutes all the characters are crying which was funny in a bizzare way. You gotta see it in the theater for the special effects, though, so be sure you don't miss it!