Monday, November 5, 2007

Seneca Rocks


Seneca Rocks, West Virginia

I was lucky enough to make a trip to Cabins, WV (10 miles down the road from Seneca Rocks) with a group of fellow homeschool moms over the weekend. We stayed in a really nice cabin and had a great time. The leaves were just past peak color, but there were still enough left on the trees to make the scenery take on gorgeous pastel tones. I think that part of the state would be beautiful any time of the year, though.

I took my mountain bike and even managed to get a couple rides in. The terrain is very rough around there, so even a small ride was a lot of hard work. It is possible we walked our bikes more then we rode them, but either way it was fun.

A couple of us hiked up to the top of Seneca Rocks on the last day we were there. The view up there was incredible! I regret I did not bring my camera because it was completely full and had no room for more pictures. We definitely plan to go back, so will be sure to get pictures from the summit then.

No pictures of the kids here because they were back at home with their dad. This trip was for moms only!



View from front of cabin, North Fork River

View from front of cabin (that's the North Fork River)

No comments: